Monday, April 24, 2006

What a great weekend!

The weather was fantastic, so we got a bunch of yard work done.  I finally had a chance to mow the backyard lawn.  Took me about 4 1/2 hours.  To put that in perspective, it usually takes me about 30 minutes.  It would rain a bunch, then get nice for a few days, I'd be ready to mow it, then rain again.  Nothing like trying to mow tall wet grass.  And our power mower isn't powerful enough for that tall of grass, so I used the push mower.  Then I had to rake up all the clippings.  Tonight I'm going to go over it again with the power mower to make sure it's all even.  Marci planted some flowers and pulled a lot of weeds.  Sunday night we were both really tired and sore.

Also, on Saturday, we helped my parents clear a path for a fence to be put in.  That involved cutting/trimming plants, digging some up and moving them, pulling up roots, pulling out stumps, cutting the pieces into smaller pieces to put in the recycle bins, moving the bins, and some other stuff.  It was a long and busy weekend, but we enjoyed being outside a lot!

One more day of this, then more rain.  :( 



powered by performancing firefox