Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I'm not touching you...

Last night we were in the car coming back from the dog park. I had a headache. Riley was being Riley, which sometimes doesn't mix well with a headache.

Riley: no no no no no no no no no no no (in a singing style to some made up song).

Rich: Riley, can you not do that right now? I've got a headache and that's making it hurt more.

Riley: no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no...

Rich: Riley, I asked you to please stop that.

Riley: no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no...

Rich: Riley! Stop that!

Marci: You have to be specific and tell him WHAT you want him to stop doing.

Rich: Riley, could you please stop saying "no"?

Riley: doh doh doh doh doh doh doh doh doh doh doh doh...

Rich: Riley! I asked you to stop that!

Riley: I'm not saying "no". doh doh doh doh doh doh doh...

Marci: Well, he IS doing what you asked. You know, if you asked your parents they'd say you would have done the same thing.

Rich: Ah, yes, it's the fun variation of "I'm not touching you!" And yes, I would have done the same thing. I'm sure Mom and Dad would be enjoying this payback.