Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Icy drive in

This morning there was some ice on the roads. It wasn't that bad, but after listening to the news and walking on our street, I decided to wait an hour before leaving. Instead of leaving at 6:15am, I left at 7:15am.

Our street was pretty icy, but I managed to get out. Several times my brain would say, "This is stupid! Turn around! Go home and wait until it warms up!" I would have to remind my brain that the side roads are always the worst and I was reserving the decision to drive in until I was on a main road. My brain wasn't happy about this until I got to the main road. It was MUCH better. When I finally got to a very busy road, it was pretty much all gone, just a few patches here and there.

Whew!

The most surprising thing to me was people behind me were actually at a safe distance! Normally I've got at least one person on my butt really close, but this time everyone stayed back. Very weird. Could Oregonians actually be learning how to drive in bad weather? Nawwww, I must have just had some freaks behind me. haha