Thursday, June 05, 2008

What did I get myself into?

Last night was orientation for Cub Scouts. At first Riley didn't want to do it. Then he found out some of his friends are going to do it so he wanted to. The kids went off to do some fun things and the adults stayed listening to what Scouting is about, costs, etc. I remember having a lot of fun in Scouts and thought Riley would enjoy it too. I also remember many times not wanting to do things, but as a kid, I never wanted to spend more than 5 minutes on something, got bored quickly, and never liked to do anything that required work. LOL! Fortunately I'm older now and think I can help Riley have fun.

At the end they said while they will take all of our applications, they need to have someone run this group, this Den of kids. Until they could get someone, they wouldn't be able to do anything. Then they asked if anyone there wanted to do it. After no one raised their hands, I raised mine. My mind was screaming, "Are you crazy? You barely have enough time to do anything NOW! Stop it! Put your hand down!!" But it wouldn't go down and my mouth enthusiastically said, "I'd like to do it!"

So now I'm going to be the Den Leader. What did I get myself into?