Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Flight home from Boston

LONG flight back. A big head-wind made the trip 30 minutes longer, so 6 hours!

As they were pushing the plane back from the gate in Boston, we heard a "bang" and the plane jerked a little. Found out they broke the push-back bar. Had to push the plane back to the gate so a mechanic could make sure the plane was ok. We all sat there with our fingers crossed and after about 10 minutes, everything was ok. Whew!

When we were about an hour and a half into the flight, the pilot gave us the "Welcome and thanks for flying with us... blah blah blah" speech. At the end he said, "And right now in Boston it is snowing heavily and visibility is down to less than a mile." Oh man am I glad we got out before that hit!

It was a uneventful flight, which is always nice. One odd thing for this whole trip was I had the entire row to myself on each flight! That was soooooo awesome!

I rented one of the movie players Alaska Airlines offers for $10. It has a bunch of movies in it as well as tv shows, sports, music video's, and a bunch of other things. I watched "3:10 to Uma" and "The Seeker: The Dark is Rising". Both were really good and they certainly made the flight go faster. I started watching "The Darjeeling Limited" but ran out of time. It was a bit odd, but I was into it enough that I wanted to see how it ended. Oh well, maybe I'll rent it sometime.

Overall it was a really great trip, I got lots of great ideas for the users group and had fun chatting with friends. I just wish I would have gotten more sleep. My body is still not recovered and not fully functional.