Monday, May 19, 2008

I didn't burn down the house!

We have two ceiling fans in our living room. They are nice, but the remotes never worked well and they don't provide a lot of light. A few weekends ago we finally got a new fan to replace one of them and just a light to replace the other. Really, there was no reason for two fans in the room. One of those things that sounded like a great idea when we were building the house and nine years later has us scratching our heads. haha

This last weekend *I* actually took out the old fan, installed the new one and it worked! Turned off the power, took down the old one, matched up the wire colors with the new one, put it all together, turned on the power, crossed my fingers and the fan started spinning around nicely. I gave out a little Tim Allen grunt of accomplishment. ;) I'm no electrician by any means, but being able to do that myself made me feel pretty good.

Next weekend, the new light will go up.