Monday, May 19, 2008

What a weekend.

This last weekend was some fantastic weather, the kids loved playing outside in the new pool. We went with my Mom to the Leach Gardens. They had a dinosaur thing going on which the kids enjoyed. It's a beautiful area on SE Portland right next to Johnson Creek.

Got some work done around home, and sat in the hospital emergency area for four hours Saturday night. Marci sprained her right ankle and just to be safe, we went there to make sure it was just a sprain. We greatly appreciated my parents taking the kids until midnight! Marci's doing fine, her ankle just hurts and she's feeling frustrated that she can't do much around the house. Both of us were starving by the time we picked up the kids. We were about to BBQ when she hurt herself and hadn't eaten anything. Thank goodness Taco Bell is open late! ;)

Sunday she relaxed and watch the kids while I mowed the lawns, water the new plants, finished installing the new ceiling fan (see previous post), ran some errands (Maddie came with me and had a nice nap - she immediately fell asleep when we got in the car), helped get dinner for everyone, took Zoey for a walk, got the sprinklers working again (it's the time of the year to turn them back on), failed to fix the portable DVD player after Maddie decided it needed more salt and pepper, and a bunch of other things. I tried to get Maddie to sleep so Marci could get to bed early and she didn't get to sleep until 11:45pm! I tried everything, but she was just awake.

Even though I'm tired this morning I feel really good about getting so much accomplished, with the ceiling fan being the big one. And the Leach Gardens were a lot of fun - I had a chance to make a few more panoramic - or rather multi-image - photos. :)