Sunday, March 04, 2007

We Have Fish!

We now have added four Betta fish to our zoo! Friday Marci informed me she told Riley he could get a fish. At first I was upset because she didn't run it by me at all. But then she told me she talked with others are read how fish can help kids learn responsibility - they learn to care for the fish, feed them, clean their tank, etc. So I thought sure, sounds good.

We went to Petco to get some goldfish and ran into a very nice and knowledgeable employee named Morgan. After listening to him for a bit, I could tell he was nerdy enough about fish that I could trust what he said. LOL! Seriously, he did know his fish and his stuff and was extremely helpful. He talked us out of goldfish and into female Betta's. He said they are more hearty, live longer - 3-5 years - and more enjoyable. Worked for us, so we ended up getting three Betta's. The next day we got a fourth just in case two decided to be friends and keep the third out - probably really over thinking it.

Riley LOVES the fish and is doing a good job taking care of them. Maddie also enjoys the fish a lot. So we have dogs, birds, and fish. Now all we need is a cat to complete the circle of life. hahahaha