Friday, March 30, 2007

I'm doing MUCH better!

I went to the doctors yesterday for a follow-up visit. I knew my appendix had burst and it was a mess in there, but he said there was also an abscess and that he had to do a LOT of cleaning of my insides. After examining me, he was really surprised at how well I was doing and told me I was "a very good healer!" That made me feel really good! I guess all that beer drinking has finally paid off. hehe (kidding).

He also said I could lift more than 15 pounds now (he said I have very good abdominal muscles and there's no worry of a hernia), which made Maddie VERY happy. When I got home I picked her up and she did NOT want down, probably making up for lost time. She wanted to sit with me and even wanted me to walk her to sleep, which she usually hates. While my back got sore (and is still a little sore today) from holding her, I did miss that and enjoyed it.

I've got one more visit with him the end of April when he said everything should be fully healed. WooHoo! Man, it was quite the experience but I'm glad I'm in good enough shape to heal quick.

One bummer still. He said not to play my trumpet or workout on the eliptical machine until he sees me again at the end of the month. :( Oh well, better to rest and be 100% ok than push it and have problems. I'll have to really watch what I'm eating so I don't gain 50 pounds. haha